*This is disc 1 of a 2 disc set. The second disc will be available at a later date*
Chesky Records 10th Anniversary Special Edition is a remarkable two disc set that tells the story of our first ten years of recording excellence. One entire disc is devoted to the best in jazz, blues, world, and pop, the other disc is devoted to the finest in classical music. Filled with the brilliant music and sonics that have made Chesky Records famous, it includes a lavishly illustrated booklet documenting the Chesky Story.
Artists: Ahn Trio, Badi Assad, Luiz Bonfa, Ana Caram, Cephas & Wiggins, David Chesky, Chester String Quartet, Choir of Westminster Abbey, Connecticut Early Music Festival Ensemble, Paquito D’Rivera, Eddie Daniels, Johnny Frigo, Carlos Heredia, Benita Meshulam, Oregon, Orquesta Nova, Rebecca Pidgeon, Bucky Pizzarelli, John Pizzarelli, Kenny Rankin, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Mongo Santamaria, Sara K., Solisti New York, Livingston Taylor, Clark Terry, McCoy Turner, Phil Woods
Producer David Chesky
Executive Producer Norman Chesky
Editing Engineer Phillip Sztenderowicz
This album was made with the purest audio path, using the very best microphones, mic preamps, analog-to-digital converters, recorders, and cables with careful attention to detail to produce the most transparent and natural sound available today.
10TH Anniversary Special Edition (CHE10)
- Just Friends (John Klenner/Sam M. Lewis)
- Sugar Blues (Clarence Williams)
- Charles Christopher (Phil Woods)
- Miss Bea (McCoy Turner)
- Congo Blues (Charlie Parker/Slam Stewart)
- Tricotism (Oscar Pettiford)
- I Love Lucy (Harold Adamson/Eliot Daniel)
- Meditation (Norman Gimbel/Antonio Carlos Jobim/Newton Mendonca)
- Grandma’s Hands (Bill Withers)
- What You Don’t Know (Sara K./Mark Spence)
- Mama Let Me Lay It on You (Mance Lipscomb)
- What Am I Gonna Do With You? (Kenny Rankin)
- The Word Around Town (David Mamet/Shel Silverstein)
- Samba de Orfeu (Luiz Bonfa)
- Caribbean Sunrise (Hilton Ruiz)
- Rhythms (Badi Assad/Sergio Assad)
- Rewind (Ralph Towner)
- No Quiero Verte (Carlos Heredia)
Genre: jazz Sub genre: bop, mainstream jazz, jazz fusion, latin jazz, swing
Liner notes available.
Design by Mo Strom. Photography by Stanley Schnier.
Reviews"...genuine High End sound, with no obvious compromise or short comings. Gigantic room-sized stage-still eye-level perspective, but wall-to-wall. Dynamics. Imaging. Space. Stage. Coherence. Clean. Clear. Lucid. Spectacular." - The Absolute Sound