© 2012 Chesky Records
℗ 2012 Chesky Records
The Chesky Records Binaural+ recording technique, fit for both speakers and headphones, captures the timeless sound of musicians playing in great acoustic settings. And now, starting with the Binaural+ sessions, Chesky Records has taken that approach to the next level.
Wycliffe Gordon, a master of the trombone, trumpet and sousaphone has always been known as impressive. His bubbling, barking sousaphone accentuates the lively band’s instrumentation in his new release, Dreams of New Orleans. From his upbeat and smooth "St. Louis Blues" to the down tempo political “Down By the Riverside”, Gordon brings a gorgeous range of Jazz Music that makes you feel like your right in front of him and the rest of band performing live. Utilizing the Chesky Records Binaural Style Dreams of New Orleans sounds fresh, crystal clear and live with a polished sheen.
Main Artists Wycliffe Gordon
Adrian Cunningham - clarinet, soprano sax
Michael Dease - baritone sax, tenor sax, trombone (valve), trumpet, background vocals
Marion Felder - drums
Wycliffe Gordon - trombone, trombone (valve), trumpet, vocals
Jon-Erik Kellso - trumpet, background vocals
Matt Munisteri - banjo, guitar, background vocals
Ibanda Ruhumbika - tuba
Producer David Chesky, Jean Schwartz
Executive Producer Norman Chesky
Engineer Nicholas Prout
Editing Engineer Nicholas Prout
Mastering Engineer Nicholas Prout
Recorded using a B & K Binaural head, MSB A/D Converter, and Crystal microphone cable.
Special thanks to Professor Edgar Choueiri of the 3D Audio and Applied Acoustics (3D3A) Lab of Princeton University for his technical assistance on the 3D audio aspects of this binaural recording.
Dreams of New Orleans (JD354)
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Darktown Strutters' Ball [Shelton Brooks]
- St. Louis Blues (WG arr.) [W.C. Handy]
- Chinatown [William Jerome]
- Panama [William H. Tyers]
- Lil' Liza Jane [Countess Ada De Lachaui]
- Some of These Days [Shelton Brooks]
- Tiger Rag
- Avalon [Buddy DeSylva/Al Jolson/Vincent Rose]
- Royal Garden Blues [Clarence Williams/Spencer Williams]
- St. Louis Blues [W.C. Handy]
- Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey [Hughie Cannon]
- Back Home Again in Indiana [James F. Hanley/Ballard MacDonald]
- Down By the Riverside
- Sweet Papa, Mama's Getting Mad [Henry Craemer/Peter L. Frost/Turner Layton/Fred Rose]
Genre: binaural, jazz
Liner Notes by Bill Kilkowski.
Photography by Nicholas Prout.
Cover Design by Henry Usukumah and Jeff Wong.
Graphic Design by Jeff Wong.