Brazilian singer Rosa Passos meets legendary jazz bassist, Ron Carter. You will now have a front row seat right by Carter's big, woody acoustic bass violin, as he uses his singing sound, big percussive beat and canny harmonic sensibility to complement the bossa nova artistry of the inimatble Rosa Passos.
Main Artists Rosa Passos & Ron Carter
Paulinho Braga, percussion
Ron Carter, bass
Billy Drewes, clarinet, tenor sax
Luis Galvao, guitar
Rosa Passos, guitar
Producer David Chesky, Clifford Korman
Executive Producer Norman Chesky
Co-Producer Bryn Chernoff, Matthew Epstein, Lisa Hershfield
Engineer Rick Eckerle, Barry Wolifson
Assistant Engineer Phillip Sztenderowicz
Editing Engineer Nicholas Prout
Mastering Engineer Nicholas Prout
This album was made with the purest audio path, using the very best microphones, mic preamps, analog-to-digital converters, recorders, and cables with careful attention to detail to produce the most transparent and natural sound available today.
Entre Amigos (SACD291)
- Bahia Com H
- Insensatez [Antonio Carlos Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes]
- Desafinado [Antonio Carlos Jobim]
- Sorriu Para Mim [Luis Claudio]
- A Primeira Vez
- Garota de Ipanema [Antonio Carlos Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes]
- Por Causa de Voce [Dolores Duran/Antonio Carlos Jobim]
- Caminhos Cruzados [Antonio Carlos Jobim]
- Feitio de Oracao [Noel Rosa]
- Eu Sei Que Vou Te Amar [Antonio Carlos Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes]
- O Grande Amor [Antonio Carlos Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes]
Liner notes by Chip Stern.
Photography by Andrew Levine.
Art Direction by Aldo Sampieri.
Reviews"Entre Amigos is a quietly seductive album. It is deep in the genre of post-Jobim-Gilberto modern Brazilian music. Rosa Passos sings in Portuguese with the particular diaphanous delicacy found in no other musical culture. The breezy, floating rhythms ... are like a soundtrack to erotic dreams of sex without risk or exertion." - Jazz Times