Hollywood Rio blends the sounds of this Brazilian chanteuse's roots with the cinematic music of Los Angeles. The album is Ana Caram's tribute to the music of Hollywood. Combining her sultry voice and passionate Brazilian flare with L.A.'s cool electric sound, Caram sings such Hollywood classics such as "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" from the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and "As Time Goes By" from Casablanca. Together with Michel Friedenson's rich electric orchestral arrangements, Hollywood Rio is a 21st century look at Hollywood's past.
Main Artists Ana Caram
Lawrence Feldman - flute, saxophone
Producer Ana Caram, David Chesky, Michel Freidenson
Executive Producer Norman Chesky
Co-Producer Matthew Epstein, Lisa Hershfrield
Engineer Charles Martinez, Barry Wilson
Editing Engineer Nicholas Prout
Mastering Engineer Nicholas Prout
Recorded February 9 - 12, 2004.
This album was made with the purest audio path, using the very best microphones, mic preamps, analog-to-digital converters, recorders, and cables with careful attention to detail to produce the most transparent and natural sound available today.
Hollywood Rio (JD276)
- Estate [Bruno Brighetti/Bruno Martino]
- The Summer Knows [Alan Bergman/Marilyn Bergman/Michel Legrand]
- Here There And Everywhere [John Lennon/Paul McCartney]
- I'm Getting Sentimental Over You [George Bassman/Ned Washington]
- The Shadow of Your Smile [Johnny Mandel/Paul Francis Webster]
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head [Burt Bacharach/Hal David]
- Linda [Ana Caram/Michel Freidenson]
- Tempero Brasileiro [Ana Caram/Michel Freidenson]
- Smile [Charlie Chaplin]
- As Time Goes By [Herman Hupfeld]
- I Will Wait For You [Jacques Demy/Norman Gimbel/Michel Legrand]
- Pra Voce
Genre: Jazz, World
Liner notes by Ana Caram.
Photography by Janette Beckman.
Reviews"Some singers can transcend time--their works of today capture the essence of an earlier period without imitating that earlier sound. With Hollywood Rio, Ana Caram has created a timeless disc. Drawing from torch songs of the 30's, early bossa nova hits, 60's rock and contemporary ballads, she breathes new life into each selection. Very romantic, very musical and very, very well done!" - Amazon