Beat Kaestli’s debut on Chesky Records is a tribute to the American Songbook and features the songwriting of Rube Bloom and John H. Mercer, Johnny Burke and Jimmy van Heusen, Lorenz Hart and Richard Rodgers, Hoagy Carmichael and Ned Washington and Cole Porter among others.
Main Artists Beat Kaestli
Billy Drummond, drums
Joel Frahm, saxophone
Jay Leonhart, bass
Paul Meyers, guitar
Kenny Rampton, trumpet
Producer Beat Kaestli, David Chesky
Executive Producer Norman Chesky
Co-Producer Lisa Hershfield, Jesse Lee
Engineer Rick Eckerle, Nicholas Prout
Assistant Engineer Alex Sterling
Editing Engineer Nicholas Prout
Mastering Engineer Nicholas Prout
This album was made with the purest audio path, using the very best microphones, mic preamps, analog-to-digital converters, recorders, and cables with careful attention to detail to produce the most transparent and natural sound available today.
- Day in Day Out [Rube Bloom/Johnny Mercer]
- It Could Happen to You [Johnny Burke/James Van Heusen]
- Invitation [Bronislaw Kaper/Paul Francis Webster]
- My Foolish Heart [Ned Washington/Victor Popular Young]
- The Island [Alan Bergman/Marilyn Bergman/Ivan Lins/Vitor Martins]
- My Romance [Lorenz Hart/Richard Rodgers]
- The Nearness Of You [Hoagy Carmichael/Ned Washington]
- Moonlight in Vermont [John Blackburn/Karl Suessdorf]
- I've Got You Under My Skin [Cole Porter]
Liner notes by David Chesky, Norman Chesky, and Bill Milkowski.
Photography by Anya Rozhdestvenskaya.
Art Direction by Jeff Wong.